Student cooking survival guide
You will need:
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 leek
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tin of tuna
- 4 cups pasta
- 4tbsp butter
- 4tbsp flour
- 1 pink milk
- 1 big handful of grated cheese (preferably strong cheddar but anything will do.)
- Boil a large pan of salted water. Add the pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, make your roux sauce, add the cheese and allow this to melt. Take this off the heat.
- Place a colander over your pan off pasta and place your broccoli in the colander so that it steams.
- Chop up the onion, garlic, leeks and broccoli.
- In a saucepan, fry the onion, garlic and leek until soft.
- Pour in the roux sauce onto the onion mix and add the tuna, broccoli and pasta. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the whole shebang into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle with more cheese if you like. Cook in a hot oven (200 C, gas mark 7) for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with salad.