<jargon> (From the colloquial meaning "to pull suddenly") To insert a copy of some saved text at the current position in a document being edited.

The term is used in the Unix text editors GNU Emacs and vi but "paste" is more common elsewhere.

[Used elsewhere?]

(01 Apr 1998)

yanggona, y-angle, Yangtze oedema, Yangtze Valley fever < Prev | Next > yankee, yapock, yapon, yaqona

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums