retroflex fasciculusmedical dictionary

A compact bundle of fibres arising in the habenula and passing ventralward to the interpeduncular nucleus at the base of the midbrain; part of its fibres bypass this nucleus and terminate in the raphe nuclei of the caudal mesencephalic tegmentum.

Synonyms: fasciculus retroflexus, habenulointerpeduncular tract, Meynert's fasciculus, Meynert's retroflex bundle.

(05 Mar 2000)

retrofitting, retroflected, retroflection, retroflexed < Prev | Next > retroflexion, retrofracted

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums