1. The act or state of one who, or that which, heads; formation of a head.
2. That which stands at the head; title; as, the heading of a paper.
3. Material for the heads of casks, barrels, etc.
A gallery, drift, or adit in a mine; also, the end of a drift or gallery; the vein above a drift.
5. The extension of a line ruffling above the line of stitch.
6. That end of a stone or brick which is presented outward. Heading course A joint between two roussoirs in the same course.
(01 Mar 1998)
headfish, head fold, headgear, headgut < Prev | Next >
head injuries, head injuries, closed, head injury
© mondofacto 2008-10 | about us | advertise with us | disclaimer | privacy & cookies | contact us