<chemistry> A hopper-shaped box or nortar in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.

Origin: Cf. G. Flosse a trough in which tin ore is washed.

(01 Mar 1998)

floscularian, floscule, flosculous, flos-ferri < Prev | Next > floss, flossification, flossing

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums