1. Consisting of air; as, an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies.
2. Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aerial; as, an airy flight. "The airy region."
3. Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy; as, an airy situation.
4. Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike. "An airy spirit."
5. Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful; as, airy music.
6. Without reality; having no solid foundation; empty; trifling; visionary. "Airy fame." "Empty sound, and airy notions." (Roscommon)
7. Light of heart; vivacious; sprightly; flippant; superficial. "Merry and airy."
8. Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.
9. Having the light and aerial tints true to nature.
(01 Mar 1998)
airway obstruction, airway pattern, airway resistance < Prev | Next >
Airy disk, aisle, AIT, aitiology
© mondofacto 2008-10 | about us | advertise with us | disclaimer | privacy & cookies | contact us