home

Why is your dictionary split between two sites

suggest new definitions and improvements, or report problems

Why is your dictionary split between two sites

Postby randyc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:17 pm

As a long time user I find it odd that the dictionary is split between two sites. Surely it would be better to put it in one place. Are they the same? Is one better than the other? If this is just some test site should I use the other one for now?

Regards,
Randy C
randyc

Re: Why is your dictionary split between two sites

Postby madame mondo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi and welcome to mondofacto randyc

We will be moving to one site (this one) in the very near future. At the moment we're testing the new site to make sure it's robust enough to cope with all the traffic the current site gets.

We think the new site is better than the old one, with the new modern interface, along with additional content such as study skills which we are working on now. Let us know what you think: any changes you'd like us to make?

Btw, we moved your post to the dictionary forum because this is where users should be posting about dictionary related issues.
madame mondo

Postby randyc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:27 am

Hey, Madam Mondo (great name).

Thanks for the reply. You will have to excuse my posting in the wrong forum, it is great that you moved it.

I am still unsure about what you are saying. Are you saying that the dictionary here has the same content as the old dictionary? Or is it different as a test site?

If it is the same, why not move the whole shebang over here. It would be a mighty lot clearer for us folks that use it.
randyc

Postby madame mondo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 am

Hi randy!

sorry my first reply wasn't clearer!

The old site will be closing very soon, and all the existing users will be automatically redirected to this site.

The new dictionary has exactly the same content as the old OMD, and after feedback from other users, we are going to reinstate some of the features too, including the subjects list.

We are going to add new features to this site. We've already added a forum, study skills will be launched this week, and there are lots of other developments planned.

Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
madame mondo

Postby randyc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey,
Thanks for getting back to me. Great site.
Regards,
Randy
randyc

Postby mondo primus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Please note that the old site is now offline and you will be redirected to the new home of the Online Medical Dictionary.

If you were linking to a specific word this should redirect correctly to the same word in the new dictionary.
mondo primus

Return to dictionary