home

Leave study skills feedback here

discuss mondofacto study skills courses, swap advice and suggest new courses

Leave study skills feedback here

Postby mondo mod » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:40 pm

With the launch of our study skills imminent, we thought we would set up a topic for feedback on what people thought of them, in general.

So please leave comments, raise concerns etc. in this topic.

Hope you enjoy our study skills

Thanks, Mondo Mod
mondo mod
Site Admin

Re: Leave study skills feedback here

Postby mynameisurl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Like the study skills. Cud use a spelling one myself :lol:
mynameisurl

Postby sirus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:58 pm

`i really like the look of the study skills, so good work. The presentation one looks really handy

What kind of study skills are coming in the future then?
sirus

Postby miss mondo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi Sirus, well we have lots of study skills under writing including;
how to use an academic writing style, how to improve your punctuation as well as lots of topics on specific assignments - who to write abstracts etc. And we are building up the number of topics under the other domains, study, presentation, research, personal and exams.

Topics coming soon include: how to improve your spelling and how to critically analyse (a valuable skill for any uni student.)

So have a browse and try them out - if you have any suggestions, just let us know!

Miss M
miss mondo

Postby sirus » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm

That sounds terrific, keep up the good work mondofacto! :)
sirus

Postby Asda1986 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:33 pm

This website has been a great help to me in writing my CV. It offered me some top tips on how I should set it out.
The website itself is so easy to follow and very stylish.
Keep up the great work!
Asda1986

Postby medicalstudent » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:21 pm

The Study skills are great!! It would be great to get some advice on writing 'reflective pieces' added to this section. As a first year medic I have no idea where to start, and I have 3 to write. I have to including 2 pieces on patient contact and GP/ hospital visits and a third reflecting upon the PBL process.

Many thanks :)
medicalstudent

Postby madame mondo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi medicalstudent - welcome to the forum and many thanks for the lovely feedback!

This sounds like an interesting and useful study skills challenge you've set us!
Can you tell us a bit more about the reflective pieces you need to write. Are you being asked to reflect on your experiences of your time spent with patients and making hospital visits? How long is each piece meant to be?

It's interesting that you are studying a PBL style course - what are your experiences of this kind of learning? We are planning on writing a study skills topic on this style of learning, so any tips you have would be most welcome!

Great to hear you find the study skills useful, good luck with your course and keep in touch!
madame mondo

Postby Amiabull » Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi,
I am a 3rd year Social Work student in Australia who has spent the last three years at TAFE and the years before that not studying... I admit I have some bad study habits (procrastination, poor time management, not sure how to approach academic reading and critiquing) but have found your site very useful. I just googled "how to read at university" and found your stylish and helpful tutes!

Would love to see more on time management... though the calendar is very useful.

Thanks for your help.

Amiabull :)
Amiabull

Postby medicalstudent » Mon May 04, 2009 4:09 pm

My experience of PBL so far is that it sounds great in theory but doesnt work too well when put into practise! Maybe it will improve with time. The reflective pieces are supposed to be about 1 side of A4..but this is flexible. It is aimed at getting us to think about writing reflectively for when we eventually apply for our first jobs...as this is a key part of the application process in the NHS...so I am told. The pieces should include information about contact with patients and a seperate piece about the PBL process including a reflection about our personal learning styles.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks
medicalstudent

Postby luis6268 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 am

i really like the look of the study skills, so good work. The presentation one looks really handy.What kind of study skills are coming in the future then.

Return to study skills