home

Introduce yourselves!

the place for non-subject related chat - talk about whatever is on your mind

Introduce yourselves!

Postby miss mondo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am

Welcome to the forums!

I thought a good place to start might be some introductions.....

I'm miss mondo, I've been working for mondofacto for 18 months and have developed the study skills part of the site - so if you have any study skills questions, just shout!

I have a degree in 'Medical Microbiology and Immunology' and will hopefully be developing some resources related to this for the site.

Cheers!

miss m
miss mondo

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby mondo mod » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm mondo mod. Ive been working for Mondofacto for 6 months. I have a degree in Information Systems and my main role is website designer.

I hope you enjoy using our website, and become a valued member of our community.
mondo mod
Site Admin

Postby madame mondo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Hello!

I'm madame mondo, and like miss mondo I too have a degree in microbiology and immunology and have been with mondofacto for 18 months.

We're going to be adding lots of new features to the site, so visit often - and let us know what you'd like to see on mondofacto.
madame mondo

Postby flashman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:30 pm

hello - I am flashman
like the new site i think it's very responsive.
Something that could be added is a speech player that reads out the description of the word you put in the search. Also get the smilies working

But overall ithink it's pretty much there.
flashman

Postby Yorkshire Pudding » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi I'm Yorkshire Pudding.

I'm a final year biomed student ans I've been struggling with my essays and written assignments so I'm finding your study skills quite useful.

I'm form York and I'm an active member of the People's Republic of Yorkshire (PRY) which if fighting for Yorkshire to be recognised as an independent state by the governement, all other countiries, the EU and the UN. :lol:

Cheers
Yorkshire Pudding

Postby mrsmac » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi, I'm Mrsmac.

I live in the US in Akron, Ohio. I've been using your website for so many years I can't remember. I do high-speed transcription for various medical professionals and use your site for determining proper spelling for the medical terms they dictate/garble. I have to say, I would be lost without mondofacto!

I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for this site, and how much I love the changes you've made. I recommend mondofacto to everyone I know who deals with medical terminology -- you are by far the best site on the web.

Many Thanks!!
mrsmac

Postby madame mondo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Mrsmac,

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. We're really glad you like the changes.

Please let us know if there are any other things we can do to make the dictionary more useful. Medical transcribers and secretaries make up a large user group for the dictionary, and we're always on the lookout for new ideas that will help.

very best,

Madame M.
madame mondo

Postby onlinev » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:36 am

Hi,
This is onlinev from canada . I am a newbie of this site and in my opinion this ia a good site to visit on.
onlinev
onlinev

Postby Dizzilexia » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:54 am

Hi.

I'm Dizzilexia - (AKA Dizzi).

I came across your site by pure chance - and think it's wonderful.
When I get more time I'll sit and study how it all works - in the meantime I'll just browse - unless some kind person would explain in laymen terms for me..!!

Many thanks

Dizzi :O)
Dizzilexia

Postby madame mondo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:50 am

Hey Dizzi!

Welcome to mondofacto! Glad you like the site - we've just made some changes and we're pretty pleased with it too.

The site is popular with medics, medical and science students, medical secretaries...in fact anyone with an interest in biomedical sciences. Our medical dictionary is the main feature of mondofacto.com, but we are also developing lots of new features, have you seen the word tools and study skills pages?

We are aiming to make the site useful for our users by offering resources that compliment the dictionary and help our visitors do their jobs better. So, our we developed our word tools with medical secretaries and transcribers in mind; they often need multiple ways to search for medical terms, and our word tools provide them with that. They can be used for solving puzzles too!

Our study skills topics help uni students study better - we've had some really great feedback on these.

We are really keen to build a community of site users, so please post again and tell us more about you!

Best,
Madame M
madame mondo

Postby golin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 am

hello guys!

just testing...
golin

Postby joan frazier » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 am

Hi I'm a newbie here, hope I could join some forums soon here. I am Joan Frazier. :)
joan frazier

Postby jimramos11 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

Hi! I'm JIm and a a freelance graphic artist and a junior biology student.
Hope to know some of you here. ;)
jimramos11

Postby mondo mod » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Jim and welcome to our forum.

We hope you like it here on Mondofacto.

If you have any questions, or would like any new learning materials or features, please don't hesitate to ask.
mondo mod
Site Admin

Postby maria » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi my name is Maria im 27 and have a chronic illness; Vocal Cord Palsy (Congenital Stridor) :-( I also have a tracheostomy. I wonder if any of you know, is Congenital Stridor classed as a disability in the medical profession?
maria

Next

Return to general discussion