home

How to go about becoming a doctor, after training as a nurse

chat about your university, course, hospital experiences and electives

How to go about becoming a doctor, after training as a nurse

Postby Biddellsmith » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 am

I'm doing a cadet nurse scheme at college, and after my first year, I decided its not what I want to do, (being a nurse) and that I actually want to be a doctor (preferably a GP). My GCSE's weren't that good (A*, four B's, four Cs). How would I go about now going in to be a doctor? Someone said to me something about after becoming a registered nurse (after university) or any health occupation, you can train as a GP.
Super Acai 1200
Last edited by Biddellsmith on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biddellsmith

Re: How to go about becoming a doctor, after training as a n

Postby amanna » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm

You must have found a solution now because you have posted this question almost 2 months ago. You can get into med school at any time but it depends upon your GPA, fulfilling your pre-medical requirements and you must have good MCAT score also. I don't think you'll get a chance to show up yourself as GP after completing nursing. :(

Re: How to go about becoming a doctor, after training as a n

Postby sonee mark » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:57 pm

You can get information from the site http://becomeamedicalassistant.org/... there are various medical programs and schools and information on these can be found at this site...
sonee mark

Return to medical students