home

epigastrorrhaphy

suggest new definitions and improvements, or report problems

epigastrorrhaphy

Postby ibarton65 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:15 pm

I know this term exists - it's in the medical dictionaries (some of them). As part of my weekly assignment, I need to actually discuss the meaning of the word, not just the definition. I've been all over the "net" and cannot find the word anywhere. Can someone please help me - or at least give me some sites where I might be able to get some more information on this term?

Thanks a million...
ibarton65

Re: epigastrorrhaphy

Postby madame mondo » Tue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello ibarton 65!
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for with this one. Isn't the meaning of the word the same as the definition? Or are you looking for the meaning of each of the parts of the word? If this is the case, you can break the word into parts and look for the meaning of each part:
epi-
gastro-
-rrhaphy

We have the term gastrorrhaphy in the dictionary but not epigastrorrhaphy - I couldn't find it in any of the other online medical dictionaries, so it can't be a common term.

Does this help you at all?
madame mondo

Postby ibarton65 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I know how to break down the term, but I needed to discuss it with references being noted. So, after too many hours of going crazy, I chose another word.

I appreciate your help...
ibarton65

Postby KATEE » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am

i believe it means...
:arrow: a suture of an abdominal wound in the epigastric area.
i had to look it up for my medical terminology in my class, and i looked everywhere! my friend showed me...where she found it, i dont know :!:
KATEE

Postby kingbudz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 pm

madame mondo wrote:Hello ibarton 65!
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for with this one. Isn't the meaning of the word the same as the definition? Or are you looking for the meaning of each of the parts of the word? If this is the case, you can break the word into parts and look for the meaning of each part:
epi-
gastro-
-rrhaphy

We have the term gastrorrhaphy in the dictionary but not epigastrorrhaphy - I couldn't find it in any of the other online medical dictionaries, so it can't be a common term.

Does this help you at all?

epigastrorrhaphy -Suture of a perforation of the stomach
kingbudz

Postby vanhkatherine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:23 am

Mine is bent or canted . The shape is is like an L( but not as straight as an L) bend very same thing as in your sketch of the bell.
vanhkatherine

Postby PLATO » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 pm

In my Greek language mean stitch in epigastric area.
PLATO

Postby tallMan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:16 am

Can anybody explain 24hr-printer-cartridges.com what mens epigastrorrhaphy? And how to use it?
tallMan

Return to dictionary